Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Red-eyed Vireos and Forster's Terns

Red-eyed Vireo was back this morning, singing away at the top of his lungs -- or should I say syrinx -- with his unmistakeable short phrases, rising and falling in quick succession: "Who is there?" "I'm up here" "Where are you" "I'm right here" " Can't you find me?" "Over this way!" Are they just visitors or can they be counted as breeders? 

Back at the marsh, the Yellowthroats continue to sing non-stop along with the House Wrens -- also two of them on territory with their bubbly insistent song. And a couple of adult Forster's Terns on the creek continue to suggest that they must now be breeding somewhere on the bay. I would look in the bay islands, many of which host terns and other birds already.

Eric Salzman

No comments:

Post a Comment